Purpose and passion are two words that define and shape your life the most. Being passionate makes you happy to be alive. Purpose shows you the way to go; it makes you courageous and confident.
When we talk about purpose, we’re really talking about an overall mission that informs everything you do. Finding a job that helps you attain this broad objective is more about passion.
Passion has a significant impact on our psychological well-being. Passion, according to psychology, is “a strong inclination toward a self-defining activity that people like (or even love), find important, and in which they invest time and energy on a regular basis.”
Well, in this article, we will be listing the Best Books on Finding Your Passion and Purpose in Life. Note that this is not a sponsored post, all books listed below are highly recommended by psychology experts.
Best Books on Finding Your Passion and Purpose in Life
The following are the best Books on Finding Your Passion and Purpose in Life you should be considering:
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do – Jeff Goins
- The Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau
- Mastery By Robert Greene
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Flow: The Psychology Of Optimal Experience By Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
This work of art is unlike any other self-help book. It’s one of the best books ever written about self-discovery, following your dreams, and listening to your heart. Even some well-known and successful people suggest reading The Alchemist.
Read more: Best psychology books of all time
The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do – Jeff Goins
My ideal job would be to construct houses. I’m enthusiastic about it, but I’m not particularly good at it. I can fix everything in my house, but it doesn’t make me a skilled builder. Is it possible for me to become one? Most likely, yes. Should I get into construction? Most likely not.
Read more: Best finance books of all time
The Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau
Over the course of 11 years, the author visited every country in the world, and what he discovered surprised him: ordinary people all over the world have long-term and challenging goals that ultimately make them happy. (By the way, this has long been supported by psychological research—consider Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi’s Flow theory, which is also on our reading list.)
Read more: Best habit books of all time
Mastery By Robert Greene
The objective of this book is to find meaning via mastery. All of the great people we respect have one thing in common: they have dedicated their lives to mastery.
Read more: List of best books for leadership
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Join our Newsletter
Bestselling author Eckhart Tolle will take you on a spiritual trip to demonstrate the power of living in the present moment. The essence of the Power of Now may be traced back to the ancient Stoics, who were strong proponents of living in the present moment.
Read more: List of best Popular Science Books of All Time.
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
You’ve certainly heard of this #1 New York Times best-selling self-help book, which was so popular that it spawned three “Badass” sequels. You Are a Badass® has become so popular that it is now a recognized trademark.
Read more: List of best 9 great books for busy parents
Flow: The Psychology Of Optimal Experience By Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
This is one of my favorite books about discovering your passion on this list. It was first published in 1990, yet it is still a highly relevant work that delves into the concept of effortless labor.
Csikszentmihalyi believes that “the best moments in our lives occur when a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult or worthwhile.”
Read more: Best career development books of all time
Some of the best Books on Finding Your Passion and Purpose in Life
Below are some of the best Books on Finding Your Passion and Purpose in Life
The Last Lecture – Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow
Do The Work By Steven Pressfield
So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
Best Books on Finding Your Passion and Purpose in Life FAQs
How do I find my passion and purpose?
- Create a personal vision statement.
- Uncover your values.
- Find your true north.
- Make a list of things you love to do.
- Assess the things you don’t love.
- Acknowledge your strengths and achievements.
- Practice journaling.
- Embrace a mindfulness practice.
What books to read to find your purpose?
- Man’s Search for Meaning (Paperback).
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action (Hardcover) .
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for?
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose (Paperback).
- The Alchemist (Paperback).
- The Art of Work (Paperback)
How do I find my life purpose book?
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor Frankl.
- Of Human Freedom – Epictetus.
- The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living – Dalai Lama and Howard C.
- The Happiness Trap – Russ Harris.
- Aristotle’s Way: How Ancient Wisdom Can Change Your Life – Edith Hall.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment – Eckhart Tolle.
What is the book about discovering your passions?
Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic. In Big Magic, Elizabeth Gilbert discusses how to discover interests through curiosity, what it means to live a creative life, and how you might live more creatively to find more joy and meaning in your life. This is a fantastic book.
How do I find my passion or dream?
- Make a list of 100 Aspirations.
- Talk about your potential passions.
- Focus on one goal (not a dream).
- Express yourself creatively.
- Create a vision statement.
- Set small goals.
- Devote time to your passion each day.
- Creating habits for success.
How do I find my interest in life?
- Slow Down. This may sound counterintuitive, but you need to slow down and get off the treadmill in order to find your passion.
- Be Your Own Life Detective.
- Give Yourself Permission to Explore.
- Reach Out to People.
- Stay Open and Flexible.
What are your three passions in life?
Three basic but powerful passions have dominated my life: the need for love, the pursuit of knowledge, and unspeakable pity for mankind’s suffering.
What comes first passion or purpose?
Your purpose is the reason why you do what you do in the first place. The purpose is the often-hidden drive behind why you do what you do in search of meaning. Finally, your mission is the basis around which your passion is built.
How do I start my passion?
- Reflect on your hobbies. If you want a career you enjoy, think about activities you already enjoy doing.
- Try new things.
- Dedicate yourself to your current tasks.
- Learn about new topics.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Take risks.
- Take classes to explore your passions.
- Expand your professional network.
What is my purpose in life?
Your life purpose is made up of the most important motivating goals in your life—the reasons you get out of bed in the morning. Purpose can steer life decisions, influence behavior, shape goals, provide direction, and generate meaning. Some individuals associate purpose with the vocation—meaningful, gratifying work.
That is all for this article where we’ve stated and discuss the best Books on Finding Your Passion and Purpose in Life. I hope it was helpful. if so, kindly share with others. Thanks for reading; see you around!