Candidates must be Indian nationals learning as single girls in schools with an association with the CBSE in order to be considered for this scholarship. In the first five subjects of their Class 10 exams, they were anticipated to receive at least 60% of the possible points. Even NRI applicants registered in CBSE-affiliated schools are eligible to apply, but they are not eligible to pay more than Rs 6,000 in tuition each month.
Applicants must be enrolled in Class 11 and 12 at CBSE-affiliated schools in order to be eligible for the award. Class 10 tuition should not be more than Rs 1,500 per month, while Class 11 and Class 12 tuition increases should not be greater than 10%.
Here are some salient characteristics and information regarding the CBSE Merit Scholarship Program for Unmarried Female Child:
How can you apply?
Here is the step-by-step application procedure that can be followed:
- Step 1: Go to the official CBSE website: https://www.cbse.gov.in/
- Step 2: Click on either ‘New User Registration’ or ‘Renewal’.
- Step 3: Read all the provided instructions on the official website, then click ‘Continue’.
- Step 4: Fill in the roll number and Date of Birth (as mentioned in your Class 10 mark sheet), and click ‘Continue’.Step 5: Print the undertaking mentioned in the ‘Guidelines’ document.
- Step 6: Complete the undertaking, affix a photograph, and have it attested by the school.
- Step 7: Prepare an affidavit as outlined in the ‘Guidelines’.
- Step 8: Scan both the undertaking and the affidavit. Ensure the files are in PDF format and are not larger than 1 MB. Make sure the PDF contains all the pages.
- Step 9: Select ‘Upload Document’ to upload both the scanned documents.
- Step 10: Print the confirmation page. (Only upon successful application, a confirmation page will appear.)
- Only unmarried female children who scored highly on the CBSE Class X test are eligible for the scholarship.
- The student girl ought to be the only child in the family.
- She ought to have continued her education in Classes XI and XII in a school connected to the CBSE.
The Scholarship’s Nature:
- The student’s achievement on the Class X board test determines the scholarship’s one-time award amount.
- The scholarship has a set sum and is meant to help with the cost of pursuing higher education.
- Usually, the application procedure is submitting the material online via the official CBSE scholarship website.
- The relevant paperwork, which includes a copy of the Class X mark sheet and other specific information, must be submitted by the applicant.
- Merit is the main criteria for selection, with the student’s achievement on the Class X board test taken into account.
- To find suitable individuals, a predefined cut-off percentage is frequently employed.
- Tsinghua University Scholarships for International Students 23/24
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program 2023/24
- Peking University Boya Postgraduate Scholarships 2023
- Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024
- Chinese Provincial Scholarships 2024
- Erasmus+ Scholarships 2023/24
The Central Board of Secondary Education’s (CBSE) Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child is an admirable program that aims to empower and assist outstanding female students. The scholarship promotes education and gender equality by providing financial support to unmarried female children who have excelled academically in the Class X examinations. This one-time award intends to lessen the financial strain on families and support deserving single females’ pursuit of higher education. The program shows a commitment to identifying and developing talent, resulting in a favorable effect on the individual recipients as well as society in general.