The Government of India established the famous Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) program to promote and encourage high-achieving students to pursue Ph.D. programs in science and technology. The program offers those who qualify financial support and other incentives with the goal of fostering high-quality research and innovation in India.
Here are some key points about Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)
- Students who have finished or are enrolled in their last year of an integrated master’s program or undergraduate degree are normally eligible for the fellowship.
- Applicants must to be pursuing postgraduate studies especially in the fields of science and technology and have a strong academic record.
- The grant is given out for a period of five years.
- Research and courses are both supported by the scholarship.
- To help with academic and research costs, PMRF offers money in the form of research grants.
- There is a monthly stipend for fellows.
- There might be additional funds accessible for visiting workshops and conferences abroad.
- PMRF hiring processes usually include an interview and/or a competitive exam.
- Academic achievement, research prowess, and other pertinent factors are taken into account when evaluating the prospects.
- PMRF concentrates on particular fields of science and technology, such as technology, engineering, agriculture, and basic sciences.
- It is anticipated that the chosen applicants will carry out research in fields of national significance.
Institutes and Mentors:
- It is expected that fellows of the PMRF will pursue doctoral degrees at esteemed establishments such as Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), and other top-tier universities.
- Sometimes, seasoned researchers serve as mentors for aspiring researchers.
Benefits for the Nation:
- The PMRF is regarded as a significant initiative to develop talent, encourage research, and help science and technology in India flourish.
- It fits with the government’s goal of turning India become a center of innovation and research worldwide.
Date for Scholarship
- December 2023 Review
Notification to students regarding the review dates. Date: 10-Oct-2023.
- Send emails to Institute coordinators. IC can download the Dec 2023 review scholars list in the PMRF Portal. Date: 16-Oct-2023.
- Institute coordinator confirms the PMRF list to be reviewed. Date: 27-Oct-2023.
Submission of documents by PMRF fellows for annual review (Email to be triggered to guides for reco letter when the candidate hits the submit button). Start Date: 1-Nov-2023; End Date: 7-Nov-2023 6.00pm.
Reminders for submission of recommendation letters by Supervisors. Date: 9-Nov-2023.
PMRFs to submit the presentation in the portal. Start Date: 1-Nov-2023; End Date: 10-Nov-2023 6.00pm.
Submission of recommendation letters by supervisors of PMRF fellows for annual review. Start Date: 1-Nov-2023; End Date: 11-Nov-2023 6.00pm.
- PMRF review at respective nodal institutions through portal. Start Date: 13-Nov-2023; End Date: 19-Dec-2023.
- PMRF review grades conveyed to Institute Co-ordinators/Scholars. Date: 30-Dec-2023.
- Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2023/24
- University of Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships 2024
- P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship 2023/24
- University of Western Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships 23/24
- Canada Graduate Scholarships (Master and Doctoral Levels)
- Swinburne University Research Scholarships 2024
- Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme for Northeast Region
The Government of India launched the prestigious Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) program to encourage excellence in science and technology-related research and innovation. Top-performing students pursuing Ph.D. programs are given financial assistance and incentives by it, which promotes a culture of high-quality research and helps India become a global hub for innovation and research. Through consistent and targeted research activities, the government hopes to develop talent, advance scientific knowledge, and address pressing issues. This dedication is exemplified by the fellowship.