The SHRM-CP (SHRM Certified Professional) and SHRM-SCP (SHRM Senior Certified Professional) are two well-known HR certification tests offered by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). These tests are intended to evaluate and verify the expertise of HR professionals in a range of HR-related fields.
Here are things you should know about SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP (Society for Human Resource Management) Exams
A combination of knowledge-based and situational judgment questions are asked on both computer-based tests. The purpose of the questions is to evaluate your ability to make decisions and your practical knowledge.
SHRM offers study materials, mock exams, and workshops among other resources to assist applicants in getting ready for the exams. In order to enhance their preparation, a lot of candidates also make use of online study materials and courses.
A passing score of 200 typically is given for exams, which are scored on a range of 120 to 200. A score above the threshold indicates proficiency in the assessed HR competencies.
To keep their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP status after passing the examinations, certified professionals need to participate in continuing professional development and recertification activities. This makes it possible for trained personnel to remain current on the newest HR procedures.
Worth of Certification:
Getting the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification will boost your earning potential, open up new job prospects, and show that you are dedicated to the HR field. Employers all throughout the world respect and acknowledge it.
Few TIps For Getting Stared
Strategies for Preparation
- Make the time commitment: Aim to commit 40 to 120 hours to preparing for your test. Adapt as necessary, taking into account your formal HR education and the quantity and range of your job experience. However, keep in mind that working long hours isn’t a guarantee of success; you need to make the most of your time. More than 120 hours of study usually yields declining rewards.
- Respond to practice questions: You’ll be more ready to answer knowledge and situational judgment problems on the real exam if you complete more practice questions. Because the practice test offered by SHRM Learning Systems is made up of real questions that have been retired from previous tests, it offers a realistic overview of the exam. For knowledge items, study tools and apps like as Quizlet, Kahoot, and flashcards can be helpful; for situational judgment items, your own professional experiences can be helpful.
- Read the explanations of answers: Complete the practice questions in each section of the online SHRM Learning System to hone your thinking. Then, read the explanations that follow, which will explain why the right answers are correct and the incorrect answers are incorrect.
- Don’t take shortcuts: Practice exams are helpful, but don’t become overconfident if your scores improve. There’s no replacement for studying. You’ve got to do the reading, attend the classes, take the notes, learn the content and remember what you’ve learned on the job.
- Join discussions and study groups: Join the SHRM Certification Prep Group on the SHRM Connect online community discussion platform to find or create a study group. Take use of other people’s experiences in the job when networking; this is a good method to get ready for situational judgment questions.
- Read all the answers before making a choice: read each one through. Read each of the four response options before selecting one. Even if one of the responses is somewhat correct, how can you be certain it’s the best if you haven’t looked over all four options?
- Don’t doubt your answers: After answering the question, unless there is an extremely compelling reason to do so, don’t alter your initial response because it is typically accurate. (For example, it makes no difference if you select many “B” responses in a row.) Make decisions based on your comprehension of each question and the available answers.
- NBSTSA (National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting) Exam
- ASWB (Association of Social Work Boards) Exams
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Exam
- NAPLEX (North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination) 2023/2024
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) Exam
- NCMA (National Certified Medical Assistant) Exam
To sum up, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) offers the coveted SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams, which are intended to evaluate and certify HR professionals’ knowledge and abilities. While the SHRM-SCP is intended for more seasoned professionals in strategic HR jobs, the SHRM-CP is intended for individuals with fundamental HR expertise. The four main HR competency domains—People, Organization, Workplace, and Strategy—are covered in both tests. A certification is a useful credential for advancing in one’s job, and keeping one’s certification needs continuous professional growth. Visit the official SHRM website to acquire the most up-to-date information on exam prerequisites and application specifics. These credentials show dedication to the HR industry and can greatly improve employment prospects.