Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship: Academic talent in a variety of professions is abundant in West Bengal. sadly, many of these worthy applicants give up on their dreams of going to school and pursuing careers because of financial limitations. The government acts to assist these students. The West Bengal government’s scholarship program is one such effort.
This is one of the scholarships that these students are awarded for their merit-based higher education, ranging from senior secondary school through graduation, post-graduate courses, and polytechnic studies. The scholarship was redesigned in 2016 with the goal of awarding more scholarships overall and more generously. We have covered everything you need to know in this blog, including eligibility, application procedures, and selection criteria.
Benefit of Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship
The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship provides graduates and post-graduation students in need of academic assistance with a number of advantages. Among these advantages are:
Financial Assistance: The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship offers financial aid packages ranging from INR 1000 to INR 5000, depending on the student’s education level. To view the detailed bifurcation, please refer to the table below:
|Higher Secondary||INR 1000|
|High Madrasah||INR 1000|
|Undergraduate (Arts)||INR 1000|
|Undergraduate (Commerce)||INR 1000|
|Undergraduate (Science)||INR 1500|
|Undergraduate (Professional Courses)||INR 1500|
|Postgraduate (Arts)||INR 2000|
|Postgraduate (Commerce)||INR 2000|
|Postgraduate (Science)||INR 2500|
|Postgraduate (Professional Courses)||INR 2500|
|Non-NET M.Phil./Non-NET PhD||INR 5000-8000|
|Engineering Courses (Undergraduate- Postgraduate)||INR 5000|
|Polytechnic Course||INR 1500|
- The scholarship’s main goal is to enable deserving students with little financial resources to pursue higher education by offering financial aid.
- Candidates have to be West Bengal citizens.
- A specific percentage of marks from the previous qualifying exam (e.g., Madhyamik, Higher Secondary, or equivalent) should have been obtained by them.
- The applicant must meet the specified income thresholds for their family to be considered financially disadvantaged.
- Students pursuing higher education at many levels, including as higher secondary (10+2), undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral studies, are eligible for this grant.
- The award offers funding to help with tuition and other associated spending, as well as additional educational expenses.
- For the Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship, interested students must apply via the West Bengal Minorities’ Development and Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) website or other approved portals.
- Typically, the application process requires the submission of personal information, proof of schooling, and family income data.
Candidates are chosen on the basis of their financial need and academic standing.
Those that made the short list could have to go through an interview process, and their documentation might need to be authenticated.
- The scholarship amount varies based on the course of study and the level of education pursued.
Renewal of Scholarship:
- In many cases, recipients are required to maintain a certain academic standard to renew the scholarship for subsequent years.
- The scholarship is administered and managed by the West Bengal Minorities’ Development and Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) or the relevant government department in West Bengal.
- European Commission’s Joint Master Degree (JMD) Scholarships 2023/24
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships 2023/2024
- Chinese Provincial Scholarships 2024
- Flanders Government Scholarships for International Students 2023/24
- Erasmus+ Scholarships 2023/24
- Great Wall Program (CSC Scholarship) 2024
The West Bengal government has a long programme called the Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship that helps deserving students who can’t afford college. The scholarship seeks to close the gap for economically disadvantaged students by providing financial aid for tuition fees and other associated educational costs, allowing them to access high-quality education. The program’s focus on financial need and academic merit demonstrates its dedication to providing students with the resources they need for a better future. The West Bengal Minorities’ Development and Finance Corporation is one of the official sources that prospective applicants should consult for the most up-to-date and accurate information on eligibility requirements, application processes, and scholarship benefits.