Layout of an Automobile chassis
Chassis as the base of a vehicle have different layout, as vehicles are of different types i.e., jeeps, trucks, buses, cars etc. As I’ve said in some of my previous articles on chassis. The main parts of an automobile are mounted on chassis. However, vehicle chassis layout is determined by the position of the engine, which has brought about their drive difference. The types of drive in an automotive engine include;
- Front engine – rear wheel drive
- Rear engine – rear wheel drive
- Front engine – front wheel drive
- Four-wheel drive. All these types of automobile drive have been extensively explained below. Check out!
Yes, back to our discussion, automobile chassis layout. Nowadays modern vehicles are designed front engine front wheel drive. This is to say the engine is located at the front of the vehicle, followed by the other component of the chassis, which include; radiator, clutch, gear box, propeller shaft, universal joints, differential, rear axle, wheels, etc. some other component which are not indicated in the chassis layout are dynamo, horn, petrol tank, steering box, fan, timing gear, carburetor, air filter, gear control, steering wheel, cylinder, rear axle, front axle.
Type of joint. The bevel gear of the short shaft is driven by rear universal joint. This bevel gear meshes with a larger bevel gear which drives the two rear axle shafts through a differential gear.
- Working principles of arc welding process
- Different types of equipment used in arc welding process
- Different Types of Gas welding equipment
That is it for this articles, layout of an automobile chassis. I hope you enjoyed reading it, if so, kindly comment and share with others. Thanks!